Wednesday 16 March 2011

Paper Lashes

Show me a girl who isn't a fan of fake eyelashes.  You can't.  Some may whinge about not being able to put them on so don't wear them, but deep down they are wishing they had them on.  Trust me. 
For Christmas, my boyfriends Mother bought me some fake eyelashes, with a difference.  They are made out of paper. 

Paperself - peach blossom eyelashes
Harvey Nic's £13.50


'Inspired by the art of Chinese paper-cutting, Eyelashes blend an element of traditional culture with contemporary design. Intricately cut and delicately pretty, each of the Eyelashes is infused with symbolic meaning rooted in Chinese culture: Peach blossom is the symbol of love and romance. Unique and expressive, the Eyelashes can be used to make a statement for a special occasion'



I love them!  But they are very delicate as they are lasered out of paper.




I've teamed them with this daisy chain tunic and headband. 




Rose Bow Headwrap - £3.99 NewLook
Daisy Chain Trip Tunic - £24.99 NewLook

I wouldn't swap them for the standard night out lashes, but they will be perfect for those summer tea parties, garden parties and festivals. 
You could probably only wear them a handful of times because they are so fragile.  So save them for the festival days when anything goes and you want to stand out fro the crowd. 




I got these feather eyelashes from ebay for about a £1 I think.  Instead of popping them on each eyelid I glued one on the bottom eyelashes of the same eye with them on the top.  It looks so effective and I was stopped by loads of people at Bestival who wanted a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Labels